Question
Posted by: skye | 2010/06/08

yoga teacher certification

I plan to do a Teacher Training Yoga certification as a home study course. It is from the Aura Wellness Centre Teacher Training in USA. You basically buy it and they post mail i to you, all benefits attached, help etc.
Has anyone heard about this course ?
It seems to cover what is necessary to get certification but of course understand that Yoga is never ending topic of study. Thank you

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Skye,

I've not heard about this course, but I must say correspondance is a great way to study yoga further but for teaching, I do feel there should be some practical contact time, as how do you know you are teaching things right?
The other thing to consider is the many styles of yoga out there. Is the yoga training they offer, the style you want to teach? If not you should also look to see what is on offer in your style of yoga.
I also think the best way to learn to teach yoga is to establish a regular daily personal practice, in which you explore yourself through the various yoga practices. If you know the practices well, then teaching them becomes much easier. Many of the best teachers I have experienced, have never done a formal teachers training, but were sincere yoga pracititioners themselves who then taught what they discovered to others.

Hope this helps.

1
Posted by: yoga | 2010/06/14

Hi Skye,

Hope this helps.

Reply to yoga