Question
Posted by: Sariya | 2010/05/10

Yoga in PMB,KZN

Namaste, I wonder if you can help me i come from Pietermaritzburg, KZN i have been searching for a place to attend Yoga classes with no success.
I wanted to study Yoga myself and teach someday but its not in my budget to go all the way to India to study.
My first question is do you know of a place in Pmb where i can attend classes?
Secondly is there somewhere affordable in KZN i can learn how to become a Yoga teacher?
Many Thanks

Expert ImageYoga

Hi Sariya,

I've have checked the listings and can't seem to find anyone teaching in Pmb. I'm sure there are though and would recomend checking out your local health stores as teachers often leave flyers and posters at these places. I'm also not sure of any Yoga teachers training going on in KZN. It is also dificult as there are many styles of yoga, and also many teachers training courses ranging from things I would not consider a teachers training course to very comprehensive courses. So it is best to shop around.

The good news however is that yoga is a personal practice and you can teach it to yourself. I would recomend the following book for you to learn from:
A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. This book can be ordered through the website www.vedicbooks.co.za and is by far the most comprehenive course on yoga that one can teach themselves from. It goes into both theory and practice.
I would say practice for a long time with yourself and when the time is right an opportunity to become a teacher will present itself.

3
Posted by: os | 2010/07/05

Dear Sariya

I live in PMB and therez a free yoga class every wednesday night from 7 to 8 opposite my flat - its an ashram in mysore road
do u know where it is - u can contact me on 0728902797. My daughter and I used to attend it. Its very good
hope u get this

Reply to os | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Jon | 2014/11/28

I am looking at your post from several years back about free yoga. Is that studio/practice still up and running?

Posted by: yoga | 2010/05/18

Hi Sariya,

Reply to yoga