Question
Posted by: H | 2010/12/17

Yoga for tension

Hi. Ive been getting horrible tension headaches. The pain starts in my shoulders and neck and t hen my whole head aches. Could you please give me some suggestions on what exercises i can do to help get rid of these headaches. Thank you so much!! Also, is there any where in Pinetown/Kloof where i could start yoga?

Expert ImageYoga

It is difficult to suggest specific practices, as one would need to determine what the root of the headaches are i.e. physical, mental or emotional stress. Based on where the root lies, the practices would be tailored. Having said that relaxation practices like shavasana, and yoga nidra would be excellent, and physical postures (asana) done slowly with breath awareness would help physical tension be released. Pranayama (breathing techniques) like ujayi breath, nadi shodhan and simple breath awareness would also help a lot. For yoga to have real benefit in the long term, you should develop a daily routine of practice, even if it is just 10 minutes. I would recommend the following centre for the abovementioned practices and healing. Shraddha Yoga Healing Centre
28 Thrush Road, Manors, Pinetown.
Phone: 083 450 1303 http://www.yogashraddha.com/

1
Posted by: yoga | 2010/12/21

28 Thrush Road, Manors, Pinetown.

Reply to yoga