Question
Posted by: Joe | 2008/11/10

Yellow phlegm

I just cant get rid of my cough. I keep on coughing for 2 weeks now, my throat is itchy because of yellow phlegm from my lungs. Went to doctor who said I had allergic sinusitis, got medicine - did not work. Went to doctor again said I had broinchitis - finished the antibiotics - still having the cough and its a deep cough. Every time i cough my lungs are sore. What can this be?

Dear Joe
You may still have a bronchitis - it may be a resistant bacteria. One should do a lung x/ray and send a way sputum for a lab test if antibiotics do not clear up the problem.