Posted by: LINDA | 2010-09-30

Two years ago I had blood tests and they said my cholesterol was very high. It was 8. I was given the usual chemical medications, I changed my diet, drank more water, tried policosanol and herbal stuff for 4 months. I have now stopped with all this medication as it did not work and I felt no better. However I have a large flat yellowish/orange coloured mole on the side of my nose which apparently is related to high choleterol. How can I get rid of it?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Linda,
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately the forums are strongly discouraged from making definitive diagnoses or providing advice on medical procedures for you to carry out yourself. I suggest that you consult in person with a medical doctor (your general practitioner would be a good start), and see if your mole can be safely removed in his/her practice. Do not try and do this yourself, as surgically sterilized equipment, local anaesthetic, and other substances will likely be required. I also suggest that you have your cholesterol levels retested for good measure.