Posted by: A | 2012-05-07

yellow looking skin

I''ve gotten comments from a few people that my skin (face and hands) look yellowish. I used to eat a lot of carrots, but I cut down after someone suggested I might be taking in too much beta carotene. I still eat some carrots, but not as much. I do, however eat a lot of red and yellow peppers, beetroot and butternut. I don''t feel sick in any way or slugglish or anything, but I''m getting a little worried that my liver might not be ok or something? I live a very healthy lifestyle - eat well, exercise a lot, don''t smoke, drink in moderation... What could be the problem, if any?

Jaundice will cause discolouration of the white of your eyes. Beta carotene can discolour your natural skin tone. If you are concerned, consult your doctor for blood tests.