Question
Posted by: SN | 2011-08-02

YELLOW FURRY TONGUE

My tongue has been furry and yellow since Saturday. And my mouth has an awful taste. I brush my tongue at least 2times a day but the taste is just unbearable.
Could this possibly be oral thrush?I was on strong antibiotics about 1 week ago.

SN

Oral thrush usually present as a white residue on the tongue. Strong antibiotics can cause oral thrush. When the fur is removed by scraping the tongue, slight bleeding will occur. If you suspect candidaisis of the tongue, you can use Canesten lozenges and supplement your diet with a good probiotic.

Gallbladder and liver disease is more likely the cause of yellowish fur forming on the tongue. I therefore suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests and an upper abdominal ultrasound.

1
Posted by: SN | 2011-08-03

Thanks for your response. I will do so

Reply to SN