Question
Posted by: Help!!! | 2011/03/17

Yellow Fever Injection

Hi I had a Yellow Fever Injection about a week ago and I have just found out I am pregnant!

What now? Will this have an effect on my baby?

•The safety of yellow fever vaccination during pregnancy has not been studied in a large prospective trial. However, a recent study of women who were vaccinated with yellow fever vaccine early in their pregnancies found no major malformations in their infants. There was slight increased risk noted for minor, mostly skin, malformations.
•In a similar study, a higher rate of spontaneous abortions in pregnant women receiving the vaccine was reported but not substantiated.

1