Question
Posted by: leya | 2011-04-04

yeastInfection-BioOil

Hi. My bf and I have used bio oil as a lubricant during unprotected sex. A week or so later I had the systems of a yeast infection and did the candida spit test and it was positve. Is the a link?

If you look at the list of ingredients in bio oil you will see a number of chemicals including 'parfum' - the latter alone is enough to break down the natural ph balance of the vagina and result in thrush, let alone what the other ingedients do. In short, the answer is that this could have caused it, yes. There are lots of good lubricants on the market such as Durex play, Sylk, astroglide, etc.

Claire - SASHA

3
Posted by: free | 2011-04-04

Don''t use oil-based products as lube. Not even vaseline.
Go down to your local pharmacy or Clicks and but KY-Jelly or Assegai lube

Reply to free
Posted by: QQ | 2011-04-04

Certainly is. Bio Oil is not a lubricant.

Reply to QQ
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011-04-04

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist