Posted by: Milka | 2009-06-25

yeast or baking powder

I recently bought a book eatright4yourbloodtype for your blood type now i bought the buckwheat flour now i want to put in yeast or baking powder i want to know if one of this is right for a person of blood type A.

Dear Milka
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O for example, needs to cut out wheat and dairy products, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and dairy products is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet. So you need not worry about using yeast or baking powder in your buckwheat flour. You may need to check the proportions required as buckwheat flour may not rise as well as wheat flour.