Question
Posted by: Sonia Knibbs | 2010/03/09

yeast intolerance

If I consume a bit more wine than normal I find I get thrush in my mouth and throat. My urine burns and my body tissue is tender. Is this a yeast intolerance? I also don''t feel like any bread products.

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear Sonia

It does rather depend on what you mean by a "bit more wine than normal". When you have a lot of alcohol to drink, you can expect to feel a number of side-effects, including various aches and pains and changes in appetite. Also remember that alcohol can be quite dehydrating, so you need to check if what you see in your mouth is in fact an overgrowth of thrush, or if you are just dehydrated causing your mouth to look and feel white and "furry".

It is absolutely fine to drink wine in moderation, but if you know you are going to be drinking more than a glass, try and drink some water either alongside or alternating with the wine. This should help you to rehydrate, and counter some of the side-effects you are describing.

1
Posted by: probiotics expert | 2010/03/12

Dear Sonia

Reply to probiotics expert