Question
Posted by: Dido | 2012-07-09

Yeast Infection due to Augmentine Antiiotic

Dear CyberDoc

I am a 33year old lady. About 2 weeks ago I had a very bad cold and flu and my GP prescribed Augmentine Antibiotic to take for seven days amongst other meds. After about 2 days of taking it, I started having a hectic runny tummy and as I was about to finish the course I started experiencing very itching in my vigina, i also a white discharge and some cracking with caused a little bleeding everytime I wipe. I went to the chemist and was given a viginal cream, but I have been using it for a week without any improvement. I am not in relationship and I have not had sex in 3 years so it cant be an STI. Is there any medication that I can buy over the counter to help with my problem. I have never experienced this before.

Dido

Consult your pharmacist for a probiotic and I strongly recommend Reuterina Femme. It is clinically proven to combat diarrhoea after antibiotic use and vaginal thrush. You also have to use Canesten 1VC to treat the vaginal thrush.