Posted by: Miss T | 2009-01-06

Yeast Infection and Bleeding

I recently went on 2 courses of antibiotics within 2 weeks of each other. I began feeling discomfort and I knew it was the start of a yeast infection. Unfortunately I was in a country where they did not have the necessary medication and went for about a week without treatment. Now that I' m home again, I went straight to the pharmacy to get a vaginal cream that I started using yesterday. It burns when I put the cream on but I will use it for 6 days as advised.

I noticed that I was bleeding a bit yesterday and the blood was much brighter than a regular period. I' m on Mirena and I' m recovering from anorexia and the combination has resulted in my not having a period for over a year. Now I don' t know if it' s a period or if there is a more serious problem than a yeast infection. Please advise.

Most likely a period or spotting from the Mirena. See what happens when the yeast infection has cleared up.