Question
Posted by: preggie lady | 2010/12/13

Yeast Infection

Good Day Doc.

I am 11 weeks pregnant and I get what I believe to be constant yeast infection. It only goes away for a week or so and comes back again esp if I wash with soap. I was given antibiotics 3 weeks into the pregnancy but I am afraid to buy them again because I don''t want to drink lots of pills. I have no weird discharge, just itchiness which leads to pain if I scratch in the vagina. The doc checked my urine and said it was an infection, no STIs or so.

Which healthy antibiotics can I take? Those that won''t harm the baby.

Yeast infections need treatment with antifungals , not antibiotics. In fact, antibiotics can make them worse. If you are sure that this is a yeast infection, you can use Canesten.

2

Posted by: Hey | 2010/12/13

I am in the same situation, but I also want to know if I can give it to hubby? Its so frustrating and I too dont want to harm my baby with lots of pills.

Reply to Hey