Posted by: pregnant mom | 2009-09-19

Yeast Infection?

I am 28 yrs old and 38 weeks pregnant. For the past 1 1/2 months I have been having trouble with my glucose levels. The last GTT that was done three weeks ago said that my sugar level .was borderline. I have done some glucose testing ( finger prick) and my leveols have been 6 and lower. I still have traces of glucose in my urine.

This past week my midwife gound traces of glucocides in my urine as well. She is now treating it as a yeast infection. Howver, reading more about yeast infection I dont have any oter symptoms of it. Not itching, burning or white discharge- no irritation at all. I do however, have a light yellow yet odourless discharge. I have also felt a dull pain in my lower left abdomen, and a bit of pain in the same area when going to toilet though not all the time.

I have been using canesten cream for the past days. I am so doubtful for treated for a yeast infection. Could there so,mething else wrong?

I really doubt that you have a yeast infection. Glucose in the urine is not abnormal in the later stage of pregnancy but I do suggest that you consult a doctor to assess the amount of glucose in your urine, as well as to check for the presence of protein and blood in your urine. It is also important to assess your blood pressure during this stage of pregnancy.

Your doctor can also do a urine MC&S (analysis) to rule out the presence of infection in the urine.