Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2008/07/16

yearning for a child

so my problem is not unique...but still anxiety-provoking never-the-less. I am turning 39 next month and haven't found a partner/boyfriend let alone had a child yet.
I want a child more than anything in life, have been thinking about it since i was 25 and it's not going to go away.
not that i don't have a fine job, a few good mates, interests and am attractive. I went to therapy for 2 years and that has bolstered my self-esteem and dissolved blockages. But as yet still stuck.
am internet dating, trying new things etc... and somehow never seem to move forward.. ??

any advice?
thanx
Lilly

This is the sort of issue that your therapist should have dealt with, especially as he/she had the luxury of a couple of years within which to do it. I'm very surprised and disappointed that other readers haven't made helpful comments here. Proper counelling can help you to examine your options realistically, and there are ways in which voluntary work can enable you to work with and enjoy the company of children, instead of or as well as having your own