Question
Posted by: Marike | 2010/07/16

Yaz and Endometriosis

Hi Doc,
I''ve been using the pill for the last 10 years and I am always struggling with my weight. I was wondering if stopping the pill to loose weight will worsen my endometriosis?
I have also heard terrible things about using the pill too long and wonder if a bio-identical progesterone cream can substitute the pill? Is it a safer alternative?
My gynae doesn''t seem to think theres any harm in Yaz, but I cant help being sceptical after all the things I read.

Stopping the Pill could cause a recurrence of the endometriosis. Progesterone cream is not a substitute in the treatment of endometriosis or as a contraceptive.

1