Question
Posted by: S | 2009/12/01

Yaz

Hi Doc,

I was recently recommended Yaz (in place of Nordette), but I am wary of taking it because of all the lawsuits and the health risks it is said to pose (as revealed by a quick internet search).

Do you have any knowledge or advice on this?

Hallo S
Drospirenone may have a bit more side effects - ALL oral contraception medications increase your risk for stroke,deep vein thrombosis, pulmonal embolism but it seems as if drospirenone could be a slightly higher risk. If your doctor examined you thoroughly and you do not have a history of thrombosis or any risk factors, high blood pressure or cholesterol problems, one can take it but be vigilant for possible symptoms of complications.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/02

Hallo S

Reply to cyberdoc