Question
Posted by: Ita | 2009/11/10

Yaz

My Dr gave me Yas pill as I was having sideeffects on Triphasils, I have searched on the internet and saw horrible strories about the pill and deaths in the USA due to this pill. Are there any stories ain SA about this pill? I am scared to take them

Expert ImagePharmacist

Ita

Yaz, is a new contaceptive in the optimised ‘24/4’ regimen. Chemically it is almost identical to Yasmin - Which have been available locally for quite some time.

Oral contraceptions does have certain risks, but that is why you need to speak to your doctor before starting treatment with one.

I'd be carefull of stories circulating the web - These are often just that: Stories. And they're often pulled out of proportion.

Its a silly example I know, but say you take two Panado's and walk to the mall afterwards to buy a coke only to be hit by a car - Can you blame the accident on the Panado? If you start looking you'll find other people who also took Panado right before being being involved in similar incidents. And before you know it, ther rumours start spreading.

Point is, if a product is unsafe the authorities (not only locally) will recall that product immediately.

2
Posted by: natalie | 2010/03/03

can taking two Panados before or after you take your daily YAZ pill have any effect on the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill YAZ?

Reply to natalie
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/11/11

Ita

Reply to pharmacist