Question
Posted by: Lindie | 2011/03/16

Yasmine

I have been taking BCP on/off (mostly on) since I was 17 years old, to clear up a breakout on my skin. I used Triphasil but switched to Diane. I used Diane for about 3 years after which I stopped. I started again on it due to a breakout and also for contraception. I picked up weight from Diane and about 9 months ago, decided to switch to Yasmine.

I had bad nausea on Yasmine for about 3 months and continued using it and the nausea has subsided. I also have no issues with my skin and get one or two pimples about a week before my placebo period. Now I stopped Yasmine as we are trying to conceive. I have read horror stories on line of women losing almost a third of their hair, and getting terrible breakouts.

I am very worried about this. I only used Yasmine for 9 months. I never had severe acne, but more just a breakout on my chin and jawline. I thought Yasmine was a lighter tablet than Diane and I dont want to have to deal with acne breakout at the age of 26.

Also, if I do become pregnant, will this also worsen the acne?

It is impossible to say what will happen in the individual case. Each person reacts differently.

1