Question
Posted by: BB | 2012/01/18

Yasmin - Yeast Infection

Hi, I stopped Yasmin 2010 Aug and got pregnant in Feb. I started Yasmin in Dec again. And what I noticed when I was off the pill I did not have any yeast infection but before and now starting the pill again I get yeast infection. Is specific Yasmin or the pill in general? Is there another birth control method I can use?

The Pill in general predisposes to yeast infections in some people. Other contraceptive options are the injection or IUCD.

2

Posted by: Annon | 2012/01/19

This is common, i have the same problem. Your doctor can prescribe something to stop it temp. I''m not a doctor, but this is some of the things i learned, in random order:

Emty your bladder after sex.
do not use bath salts or bubble bath in your bath.
use a seperate cloth and soap to wash the infected area, like white baby soap or white dettol soap. I always do this not only when affected, have not had any major problems since i''ve taken these precautions.
wipe from front to back.
always carry wipes with you, especially when you are travelling and you need to use public rest rooms.
drink plenty of water and
watch what you eat and drink, (bread) this does affect alot of things in one''s life.

Reply to Annon