Question
Posted by: SimD | 2011/02/23

Yasmin - very irregular cycle

hi doc

i usually have very heavy period. 3 or 4 out of the 7 days, i usually clot. my gynae has put me on yasmin, to reduce the clotting and ease the pain. i started taking the yasmin as soon as i started my period,the 1st 2 days are usually a brownish discharge. on the 3rd day i didnt start bleeding and the discharge stopped on the 4th day. i carried on taking the yasmin as normal, thinking that my body is adjusting, but my breasts have been tender from the time i started taking yasmin, and hasnt stopped.

is all the above normal? the short, non existant period, and the tender breasts. and also, should i continue taking it??

please advise...thank you

The tender breasts are a normal side effect which tends to get better with time. If you started with the active pills, this would explain the missed period. I would suggest that you persist.

1