Question
Posted by: N | 2009-05-11

Yasmin - side effects

Good day,

I am fairly new to the Yasmin and am currently 9 days into my second pack. What I would like to find out is the following:

My period was only for 2 days and only started on the 2nd last pill. Is this normal ? Prior to this due to a cyst I had not menustrated for 2 months.

Since then my breasts have been painful (the sides more so than my entire breast) and heavy - is this a side effect from the pill ?

I have been prescribed the Yasmin to treat a cyst by my gynae now I just want to know if these are all just side effects or if I should contact my gynae sooner ?

Thanking you in advance for your advice.

It is normal to have a lighter period and it can start anywhere in the inactive pill section.
The breast tenderness is a common side effect of the Pill.