Posted by: Annonymous | 2011-09-13

Yasmin- one missed

i have been on Yasmin for nearly two years but took a break in between and have been on ot without a break for nearly 9 months. in my last packet, i missed one tablet but thereafter took seven continuously (used back up) and had a pill free interval. i started my pack a few hours late but it was less than 12 hours. i continued taking the pill and missed one on saturday (the eighth one- 1st pill in second week). i thereafter took one on Sunday and another on Monday. i had intercourse on Staurday and Monday, should i take emergency contraception? how dangerous is it to have missed?

It is too late to take emergency contraceptive but I seriously doubt that you will fall pregnant. If you miss a tablet, lets say on Saturday, you should take the tablet as soon as you remember. If you only realise that you have missed Saturday's tablet on Sunday, then you should drink the tablet for Saturday and Sunday together. Then continue with the packet as normal.