Posted by: L | 2008-11-28

yasmin not fixing problem

hi doc,
I’ m 23 years old, I’ ve tried the injection which led to prolonged bleeding and I had to stop - then tried triphasil for 2 years and most months ended up getting my period twice.
Went to gynae and doc wasn’ t too concern, she changed me over to yasmin. Had to wait for my next menstruation and started first pack. I now have had my period for 11 days –  I phoned the gynae and asked if I should be worried and her receptionist said no, my body is re-adjusting. I have a permanent headache and my lower abdomen is very bloated and sore.
Is this normal –  I tried to get away from 2 week periods and still no luck and not sure if my body is still adjusting!!
Please help –  very worried and don’ t want to suffer anymore

It can take up to 3 months for your body to settle on a new Pill.