Question
Posted by: bee | 2008/10/16

Yasmin - Moods

Dear Gynae Doc

Im on Yasmin and have been for the last 3 years or so. Recently my moods have become extremely erratic. Is it time to change my pill? Im usually a very even tempered person but Ive been feeling ridiculous levels of anxiety lately. Ive just turned 30, should a woman change her pill as she moves through life?

I cant place the mood swings on anything else? But Im worried about weight gain etc if I change pills.

Ive also been experiencing dryness that Ive never had before.

My partner has had a vasectomy so maybe I should just go off the pill - BUt again Im worried about weight fluctuations, moods and my skin.

If you had no mood swings before, it is unlikely that your anxiety is because of the Pill. There is no need to change pills at a certain age.. If you do not need contraception, it is probably best to stop the Pill.

1
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/16

If your husband has had a vasectomy, then there' s no need for you to use any protection.

Reply to ?