Question
Posted by: Lulu | 2008/08/28

Yasmin for heavy menstrual bleeding

My gynae prescribed Yasmin for heavy menstrual bleeding due to " miome"  in my womb about 6 month ago. It has made a big difference in the bleeding, but I get regular chest infections with breathing difficulties. Could this be a side-effect of Yasmin? Can I get Yasmin over the counter or do I need to renew my prescription or is it available at clinics like Dischem?

This would not be a side effect of Yasmin. Medical aids often don't pay for the Pill unless you have a prescription. If you pay yourself, you can see whether the pharmacy will give it to you. It would be a good idea to see a dctor every 6 months though to monitor the fibroids.