Question
Posted by: SJAY | 2010/01/13

Yasmin Birth Control

I have been on Yasmin for 2 years due to skin. I am now sexually active and want to know whether it is effective enough not to use a condom. Neither I nor my partner have STDs.

It is very effective on its own.

3
Posted by: SJAY | 2010/01/16

thanks! :)

Reply to SJAY
Posted by: T | 2010/01/15

Hi there - i have been on Yasmin for about 4 years now. My husband and i were also sexually active and did not use condoms and we were fine. It is safe. Just remember that when you are on antibiotics that the pill is inactive and for at least 7 days after you have stopped the antibiotic to still use protection, but the rest of the time the pill works just fine! Good luck!

Reply to T

It is very effective on its own.