Question
Posted by: Worried mom to be | 2009-10-12

Yasmin and pregnant

In July I was 10 weeks pregnant whilst on Noedette. My boyfriend and I decided to terminate. The doctor then suggested I go on Yasmin which is apparently stronger than Nordette. 5 weeks later I had my periods and started taking Yasmin religiously on a daily basis as I did not want history to repeat itself. In August I had my periods which were very light for a 1 day and a half and end of Sep no sign of periods. I didn' t fuss about my periods being so light as the doctor informed me that my periods would be irregular for a while due to termination. I am now pregnant again and just confused on how this could happen in such a short space of time and I did not skip a day since I started taking Yasmin.

PS: I only started taking oral contraceptives in March 2009 before my 1st pregnancy. Please advice.

Per5ehaps you should try a different form of contraception. Some women do have breakthrough ovulations on the Pill.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-14