Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-25

Yasmin and pregnancy

Hi Dr
Please excuse my ignorance here. I posted a few days ago about clomid and having to go on the pill to get my cycle right to be able to go onto clomid.
I am starting the contraceptive pill today. Over the last two days I had a watery/gel discharge as you would describe an ovulation discharge. We had intercourse and now I am concerned that if by some miracle or wishful thinking I conceived in the last two days and I now start the pill what effect will it have on my baby. I highly doubt I am pregnant or that I did ovulate as I had a scan four days ago and the gynae did not mention anything about being in the process of ovulation and he did a very thourough exam. However the tiny possibilty is going to play on my mind and I will obviously only be able to test in two weeks. So my question is, is taking Yasmin while pregnant dangerous?

Did you have a normal period at the right time? You should start taking the Yasmin with your period then you will know that you are not pregnant.