Question
Posted by: angel | 2011/02/22

Yasmin and no condom

I am 24 and I have been on Yasmin for over 6 years now. 4 days ago my boyfriend and I (of over a year) had sex but the condom came off before he went inside of me and he finished inside me, this is the first time we have had sex without a condom and I am worried that there is a chance that i could get pregnant from this accident. Also I missed one yellow tablet 5 days before this so that is why I am even more worried. A week before having sex I had my period so I dont know if I am more at risk or not. Please help as I am stressing like crazy and need to know what to do.

The chance of pregnancy would be very unlikely.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/23

as you are on the pill its very unlikely you will fall pregnant. If you have been taking the pill for years, missing one pill doesn''t really put you at much risk of pregnancy. Yes, some people do still fall pregnant on the pill - its only 99% effective - but those are pretty good odds. Condoms are only 97% effective.

Reply to Purple