Posted by: SJN | 2009-01-08

Yasmin &  Ovarian cysts

can some one help me please?

I usually get the nuristerate injection. After having a scan on tuesday I found out that i have a cyst on my left ovary. It is ±  3.5 cms x 1.7 cms, so they will not remove it. Instead i have been told to start taking yasmin. My next injection is due on 19/01/09 but my doctor made me start taking yasmin on wednesday. I have some questions:

1) I have really bad cramp from the cyst, how long will these last?
2) Technically i am now taking 2 forms of birth control until 19/01/09 when the injection wears off, is this damaging in any way?
3) what can i do for the pain? I have tried pain killers and hot baths and hot water bottles but it STILL hurts!!
4) why do i get cysts? ( this is the second one i have had in 2 years, the first one was removed via laproscopy).
5) I have not had a period in 5 years (due to the injection) will yasmin bring my period back right away or will it take a while?

Thanks in advance

1. On average, these tale a couple of months do disappear.
2. No there will be no damage
3. Try Ponstan.
4. Hard to say. You may never have another one.
5. In most women it takes a few months for the period to return, but this varies from person to person.