Posted by: tiffany | 2009-09-07

my dermo put me on Yasmin for acne tx. i' ve been on it for 3 weeks now and have become really bloated on my belly and have had pretty bad headaches. how long will this take to subside? i mentioned the bloating to her and she suggested probiotics, which i found a bit odd as a) i was not constipated just bloated, b) they did nothing to help the situation.

would Dianne perhaps be a better option to try? I have used it successfullly in the past for acne without too many problems.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi T

Bloating is a commonly reported adverse effect of Yasmin. I'd suggest sticking with it for 3 months before thinking of changing over to something else.

Posted by: Sam | 2009-09-10

I have been useing Yasmin for the past 2 years now, and let me say, that it was the best move i' ve ever made. Saw a difference in everything from skin to mood, within 1 and a half months! Hang in there.

Reply to Sam