Question
Posted by: carrie | 2009/08/19

Yasmin

I recently went to the dermatologist for acne treatment. she prescribed Yasmin. she never really did a cursory exam though, she only asked if my menstrual cycle was regular. I am 33 yrs old and have not been on the OCP for about 5 years. I have heard that the risks with Yasmin are higher than other OCP' s, is this true?

Dear Carrie
Not necessarily. However, if you are taking any OCP, you should have your urine and Blood pressure checked and you should not have a family history of deep vein thrombosis or heart disease. You should also preferably not be smoking.
See also http://women.emedtv.com/yasmin/yasmin-and-acne.html