Posted by: BonC | 2009-01-19

I have been on Yasmin for about 6months and before that was on Melodene for 6months. Since being on Yasmin my skin is much better. But during the " off"  week with the placebos, I suffer from very bad migraines, feel very depressed and emotional, and only get cramps - no period. I have done an at home pregnancy test every other month (all negative) to be sure I am not pregnant as the absence of my period worries me abit. I have also put on weight since being on Yasmin, but I heard that it is not a pill that would cause weight gain?

Is this normal during the " off"  week? Should I change the pill I am on?

Dear BonC
It is not "normal" that you don't menstruate - please see your doctor or your gyne - the dosage may not be right for you.