Question
Posted by: Anna | 2008/07/05

yasmin

Dear Doc, I have just started contraception. The dr prescribed Yasmin. Since starting 3 weeks ago, I have been feeling extremely nauseous and hungry and both at the same time. I have been losing weight and feel overall not myself. 1( Could this be because of yasmin? 2) If I change to another pill now ( (Nordette)will I be save? I'm getting married in a week! 3) Would you recommend Nordette? When previously married, I had no trouble with this.

These side effects are common when starting any Pill. They usually get better in a month or two. I would suggest that you persist and not change to another Pill now.

1
Posted by: CE | 2008/07/07

Hi Anna,
Just want to let you know that when I first started taking Yasmin, I was also very nauseas and it often ended up with vomitting. I also didn't feel normal. To be honest I thought I was pregnant with all the symptoms I had. My first period on Yasmin was horrible. It lasted 8 days and it was very heavy (not like I usually experience).
Good luck, hope it all works out for you.
CE:-)

Reply to CE