Question
Posted by: saha | 2011/09/20

y

Y is ivf so expensive. dont you feel sorry for all the men and women who want to have children in their lives. they are already suffering to make a child now where in the world must they get money to pay 20 000 to 40 000 for ivf. It''s not like we want to go through this strain is already so hard now you must break your head over money and stress more. I think really there should be fertility experts and clinics in every town with lower costs. what if you and husband just make it moneywise and want to have a baby so bad but is costly. have some sensitivity here.

Dear Saha

I can fully understand your frustration as to the cost of IVF and thus inhibiting many couples from trying to get excess for treatment. The high cost of IVF is mainly due to the medication required that is imported and therefore very expensive. In addition the laboratory set up cost and consumables are also extremely high. The ideal situation is that IVF should be covered by medical aids and should be also offered in a government hospital setting. It would therefore then be subsidized and therefore more affordable to many patients that require it.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

3
Posted by: saha | 2011/09/29

thanks doc you sound more reasonable ivf and medical aid, but the f is up with rosey your chance is getting smaller you getting older. adoption is no option for some men.

Reply to saha
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/09/29

Dear Saha

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Rosey | 2011/09/22

Yes it is expensive, that is why you need to save up money to pay for it. An alternative is adoption.

The other thing is, if you and your husband are already struggling financially, you shouldn''t think of having a baby. This should happen when you are financially more secure. A baby costs a lot of money. If you have a child, be prepared to spend on good things for your child. Be in a position to give your child a good life.

I have been married 10 yrs now. We had ivf only this year. We couldn''t afford it, so we started saving. And I am not young.

Reply to Rosey