Posted by: xxx | 2009-08-18

xtra tum

I want to loose approximately 5kg, I am not the fitest person nor have I ever been to gym, what home exercise can I do that will help, I am now in my early 40'  s, I would appreciate genuine advise please, currently I am doing sit ups and walking is this ok and what more can I do?

I think walking is a very good start. I would encourage you to get on a programme with a distinct goal, though, because otherwise it is can quickly run out of momentum.

So my advice would be to check out the fitness page of this site, click on Programmes, and then go to the list of programmes you'll see there. There are walking programmes, which would be perfect for you. Now that summer is on the way, it will be ideal to start with something, and maybe in time, it becomes a running programme.

Posted by: rina | 2009-08-26

If you want, you can buy an aerobics dvd and try that. It helped me.

Reply to rina