Question
Posted by: Lee-Ann | 2009-08-27

Xray worries

I am 37 with 3 children. I was sterilised at the birth of my last little one (a caesarian). Now (3 years later) I am having strange symptoms, as if pregnant (last months period was only 2 days, when it is normally 4-5 days and has still not come this month, so about a week late) but I have had a very stressful month!!. This is very worrying as I have been to the dentist for several treatments and had 4 x-rays done. Further more my daughter fractured her arm, 2 months ago and I was there for the x-rays as well.
Yes, they did ask if I was pregnant, and not expecting to be, I said no.
Could this be a very bad thing/ situation? How could this affect the fetus?
Thanking you.
Lee-Ann.

Sterilisations can fail, so you should do a pregnancy test, but stress can also cause delayed periods. If you had normal X-rays as opposed to CT scans, this would not harm the fetus if you were pregnant.