Question
Posted by: Judith | 2010/04/10

Xanadrine

My 19 year old daughter is (secretly) taking Xanadrine to lose a few spare kgs. How justified are my fears that this is dangerous?

Dear Judith
I have not yet seen the ingredient list for Xenadrine, but from searching the Internet, I would appear that Xenadrine contains ephedra which is similar to epinephrine. These components can cause a long list of negative side-effects (dependence, addiction, tremors, insomnia, palpitations, irritability, psychotic reactions). These products have been banned in many countries because of their negative side-effects, which include addiction and dependence. Your daughter should rather use a low-fat high-fibre diet and plenty of regular exercise to lose weight without harming her health, esp as she is so young and still growing.

1

Dear Judith