Question
Posted by: zaza | 2011/02/08

X-ray during pregnancy

I have to go for my annual medical test as per the company rules. The test includes X-rays, eyetest,lungs test where you have to breath in and blow out on something and it puts pressure on my stomach. How safe are these test except for eyesight. Do you go for x-rays during pregnancy?

A chest X-ray is not a problem in pregnancy and neither is the blowing.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2011/02/09

You cannot have x-rays while you are pregnant, and its particularly dangerous in the first trimester.

When you go for the medical, explain that you are pregnant and they will not go ahead with x-rays.
If the x-rays are for TB, I''m sure there are other ways they can test for it.

Reply to Purple