Question
Posted by: Hasak | 2010/02/09

X-Ray And Pregnancy

Here is the situation : My wife is expecting pregnancy, her cycle length is 27(regular). Two days back its her 30th day, but she didnt get her period. We had to take her chest x-ray for some other purpose, So we took pregnancy test with her blood, it came negative, then we took x-ray. But today its her 32nd day, but still she dint get her period. What may be the reason? What is the possibility of chest x-ray affecting pregnancy chances or fotus? and why that blood test shown negative? Please explain me.. i am desperate to know all...

Dear Hasak

It is unlikely that having a chest X-ray would affect your chances of falling pregnant. If the blood test has shown negative on day-32 on a regular 27-day cycle then this would mean that she has not fallen pregnant. There are many reasons as to why one has missed a few days of the menstrual cycle and not fallen pregnant. The most common being an anovulatory cycle and I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist to ascertain any other reasons that may be present.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/02/16

Dear Hasak

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert