Question
Posted by: Hasak | 2010-02-09

X-Ray and Pregnancy

Here is the situation : My wife is expecting pregnancy, her cycle length is 27(regular). Two days back its her 30th day, but she didnt get her period. We had to take her chest x-ray for some other purpose, So we took pregnancy test with her blood, it came negative, then we took x-ray. But today ite her 32nd day, but still she dint get her period. What may be the reason? What is the possibility of chest x-ray affecting pregnancy chances? and why that blood test shown negative? Please explain me.. i am desperate to know all...

The X-ray would not affect a pregnancy in any way.I would suggest repeating the pregnancy test in a few days.If negative, she should see a gynaecologist to check for other causes of missed periods.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-11

Posted by: MG | 2010-02-09

In October last year, I fell pregnant. A month before, I had suspected bronchitus and I had to have a chest XRAY, at this time, I did not know I was pregnant. A week later, I started to spot and immediately my hubby rushed me to the hospital - The gynae did an internal check-up and admitted me immediately. They did a test and the next day, the doc found out that my pregnancy levels were decreasing and had to terminate the baby. I was between 6-7 weeks pregnant. I was later speaking to my gynae and explained that I was on the bronchitus medication and if that was the cause and he said no, it was not and that it was the X-ray that I went for. Sometimes, it may be too early to pick up her pregnancy. It' s always better to do it twice. Please let me know what happens to your wife' s pregnancy after a week or so cos the doctor told me that it was the X-Ray that caused my miscarriage.

Good Luck

Reply to MG