Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2010/12/13

Written warning? For what?

To try and make a long story short. The " bosses wife"  and i don''t get along, she is also a director. We have had many clashes and then its a discussion and a discussion and lunch and then it goes good for a while.

Friday (we are all under stress and have 2 days of work left) she kept on phoning me (the bookkeeper) wanting to know if she can go into the bookkeeping program i kept on saying WHEN YOU CAN I''LL LET YOU KNOW (i was doing a backup) eventually i took my phone off the hook. Then she kept on phoning my assistant after the 4th time he also took his phone off the hook. Then she sent another worker to my office to ask and i did not see the portable phone in his hand he asked she wants to know bla bla bla i said SHE CAN F*CKING WAIT! 2 mins later i was called into the bosses office

He had no idea what this was all about and she shouted at me
i answered her by saying i dare because you can wait.
I then said i had work to do im not going to stand listening to her shouting at me. He called me back i said sorry im not prepared to discuss this. I said it. Do with it what you want, or take steps.

He came to my office later saying he''s in a difficult position because she''s his wife, he does not know what this is about DID I SAY IT i said yes he said just apologize on monday i said no.

today he comes to my office i need to come to his office to discuss this thing between me " AND MY WIFE"  i decided the fact that he now calls her " MY WIFE"  show''s me which side he is on. I said NO. There is nothing to discuss as i did agree i did say it and he needs to take whatever steps he feels like taking. He then said he is demanding that i come to his office and if i refuse he will get a witness to see that i refuse which he then did.

WHAT NOW?

ps.never in my life did i get a written warning, and the one''s he''s had me do for other staff are warning letters about warnings they are going to get warned about bla bla bla but no procedure or correct diciplinary meetings etc.

in any case where does this leave me LEGALLY ? thanks alot

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re:Written Warning? for what?

Unfortunatly in circumstances such as you describe it does warrant a written warning despite the fact that you were pushed.

4
Posted by: ja antoinette | 2010/12/14

en ek weet wie dit was - jy

Reply to ja antoinette
Posted by: Memory | 2010/12/14

Did you not get a warning in a previous job re use of this site?

Reply to Memory
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/12/14

re:Written Warning? for what?

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Anne | 2010/12/13

Because of your behaviour , you should be getting more than a written warning. It should be final warning

Reply to Anne