Question

Written warning containing a misrepresentation of events

My boss issues me with a written warning, and in her outline of her reasons, she twisted and misrepresented certain things that I had said to her, and now she is basing her written warning on these half truths. I took the document from her but told her I couldnt sign for it as I wanted time to read through it. What do I do now, because I dont agree with some of the things she claims I did because its not true and what can she do if I say I dont wanna sign. Also if I refuse to sign, is the written warning still valid?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: WRITTEN WARNING CONTAINING A MISREPRESENTATION OF EVENTS

You may challenge a written warning and appeal same. You can also raise a grievance. A warning is still valid if you refuse to sign. It is suggested that you appeal it as soon as possible. If your employer is not prepared to allow you to appeal, you may refer the letter to the CCMA by filling in a form LRA7.11