Question
Posted by: Miss T | 2009-09-09

Wrist Pain after drawing blood

I drew blood out 2 weeks ago on my right hand side and when the nurse put the needle into the vein, something pulled painfully on my wrist as the needle went in. i have since been having wrist pain when i move my hand. it feels like the inner vein is paining and i am worried a nerve could be hit. I have taken it to a doctor and she said its nothing to worry about and the pain will disappear in 10 days. its past 10 days and its getting worse. Would you perhaps know what is going on. I am not sure which doctor to target on the forum.

Hallo Miss T
Where did they draw the blood - in the inside of the elbow or on the hand?

4
Posted by: Miss T | 2009-09-10

Hi Dr. Bets

They drew the blood on the inside of the elbow and just as the needle went in, something then pulled on the wrist (also the pain is on the inside of the wrist, just below my palm, almost as if its underneath the veins which are visible to me).

Reply to Miss T
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-09-09

I suppose it ain' t normal as I feel the same sensatin on the scar of n my ringfinger and not on any other finger with no scar no matter how hard I stroke.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-09-09

My left hand does the same so it could be normal or not, can' t say for sure (although it feels funny ...).

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-09-09

My right wrist also has a funny sensation that pulls into the palm of my hand if I stroke over my scar although its not painful but I suppose it could be a nerve or something.

Reply to Zexeon