Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2012-10-29

Wrist pain

I have pain in my wrist when I move my hand or arm. I have not fallen on or bumped or otherwise injured the arm or wrist. My wrist only hurts when I move - not resting. The pain is on the outside - near that little bump. When I turn my hand - like when you turn a nob I experience a sharp, intense pain.

Can you suggest the possible cause and treatment. - it is my left wrist.

BMJ

The cause for your pain can be due to inflammation in your wrist. The inflammation can be due to infection, previous injury or arthritic in nature. You can use Myprodol capsules or Ibuprofen tablets. If there is no improvement after 7 days, consult your doctor for an examination and possible blood tests.