Question
Posted by: Ola | 2009/04/30

Wrist pain

I' m 25 weeks pregnant and have started having really bad wrist pain in both arms. I' ve tried wearing a wrist support but the bands just make my hands swell up even more.

What can I use to take the pain away? Can I rub Deep Heat Arnica gel on my wrists? Is it safe for my baby?

Please help.

Hallo Ola
This is a common problem in pregancy - one tends to get a bit of water retention and this causes pressure on the nerve of the wrist where it runs through the tunnel of the wrist. You can use Panado tablets and rub Voltaren jel on the area. Physiotherapy may also help.
See http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/fingerpainandnumbness/