Question
Posted by: nillz | 2008/07/01

wrist pain

i am 22 yrs old female and am suffering with pains in my wrist fingers and the bone on my thumb... my both hands r swelling and the veins have come up and are showing more than normal. i cant hold or pickup anything, because the pain is very bad. i have under active throids to... and my gp has told me that its inflamation.. im very worried about the pains im going through.. being very young and having pains like i have isnt a usual thing.. what advice can you give me... i would be very grateful.. thanks

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Nillz
I suggest you consult a specialist in rheumatology (Rheumatologist) who can do a thorough investigation with blood tests and x-rays. An underactive thyroid can also cause arthritic pains in the joints you are mentioning, but let a specialist have a look and decide exactly what the cause of these pains are.

1
Posted by: nillz | 2008/07/03

thank you very much for ur advise.. im will be consulting a specialist for my problem... take care

Reply to nillz