Posted by: Racoon | 2012-02-27

Wrist injury

Dear Doc

About 2 weeks ago I developed pain in my right wrist. It got a bit better, but then I fell up the stairs and ofcourse put my hand out, and now it is much much worse. The pain is over the ulnar area, and it is sore when I flex and extend the wrist, but very painful when I rotate my wrist. I can''t use my computer mouse. I applied a Transact patch about 18 h ago (replaced it this morning) but it is not helpful. I can''t take NSAIDS due to Von Willebrands. I guess it got worse because I can''t rest the wrist as I have 3 kids of which 1 is 18 months and another 3, so there''s a lot of picking up happening. Is this something which should go away after a while, or do I need to visit my GP?

many thanks.

I think that you should consult your GP for x-rays of your wrist. If you are unable to take NSAIDS, a wrist splint can be very helpful to stabilise the wrist and prevent further injury.